iPhoto problems...

Reaction score
So apparently I've done something dumb without realizing it.

I have been making up some DVD slideshows and it was really annoying me to go through all the different rolls to find the pictures I was looking for. Some were sent to me by friends, so I would put them into iphoto, not realizing that each picture would make its own roll! Before I knew it I had 250 rolls with one picture on each of them!
So I went through and deleted the duplicates in Finder and put them all into categories where they'll be easier to find. Except now when I view slideshows on iphoto, half of the pictures have blank spots where my pics used to be!

How do I fix this? Please help the idiot girl in the corner!!

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
you didnt empty the trash did you?

OP
kimmy19
Reaction score
No, thank goodness I'm not that dumb... I restored everything and then went through and organized, but half of the pics are still coming up with that little grey exclamation point... I'm so annoyed!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
delete them all from iphoto and reimport them

OP
kimmy19
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to ask one of those trademark blonde questions... how do I do that? It won't delete all of my pictures would it? Because that would be VERY bad!! LOL

OP
kimmy19
Reaction score
Well, I tried it but it didn't work. A window keeps coming up saying that the file I'm trying to import into iPhoto is an unreadable file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
does the file open up in preview?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
are you selecting all of the photos at once and draging them in? or indiviualy cause if your doing it all at once there could be a non image file that you selected by mistake that is stoping you from importing

OP
kimmy19
Reaction score
I have figured something out... if I move the files one at a time into the applications folder, then to iphoto, then delete the non-image... that works. It's just a long process and there must be something faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
kimmy19
Reaction score
Exactly... i drag the picture file in finder over to the applications file. It's driving me nuts!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
why would you do that?

OP
kimmy19
Reaction score
Basically, I'm moving the picture so I can see it in my iphoto... I guess I shouldn't do that then!! LOL!! OMG, I'm going to leave it alone and play with it again tomorrow. But thanks for the suggestions... hopefully tomorrow I can get it to go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
good luck blondy jkkk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.