How Often Does New iMacs Release?

U

UsedSevendust

I'm wanting to buy an iMac, but I don't want to throw down the money if they're going to release a new one soon. How often does Apple release new iMacs? And would buying one right now be worth it? I'm currently a PC owner looking to convert..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved to correct forum...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There will ALWAYS be something new coming you could wait for. The best advice is to just by it when you need it. Otherwise you could be waiting forever ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ This isn't definitive but you can get a track record of upgrades. There is no real schedule for upgrades and especially since the switch to intel things have been changing at different rates then they used to

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Here is the breakdown so far.

iMac G5 (Ambient Light Sensor) announced in May 2005
iMac G5 (iSight) announced in October 2005
iMac (Intel) announced in January 2006
iMac (Mid 2006) announced in July 2006
iMac (Late 2006) with core 2 duo announced in September 2006

OP
U

UsedSevendust

Ok, thanks, I have another quick question. If I buy my Mac from Circuit City, will my extended warranty be covered through Circuit City or Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Ok, thanks, I have another quick question. If I buy my Mac from Circuit City, will my extended warranty be covered through Circuit City or Apple?

circuit city will sell two different warrantys.. apple care and whatever they call the circuit city warranty.. one thing, if you do go with the circuit city warranty make sure they have certified apple repair tech's. if not apple wont cover their work under your 1 year warranty apple offers on any apple computer. so basically if a tech opens your computer and they are not apple certified your 1 year apple warranty is void.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I would avoid the circuit city warranty and go with Applecare. I haven't had to use applecare yet, thankfully, but when my toshiba laptop had some trouble, the circuit city warranty didn't help at all

Reaction score
I don't know if you're aware of Macworld coming up around the 8th of January. I am going to switch, but I have to wait till after X-mas anyways so I'm gonna wait until after Macworld. I'm not expecting anything major, but I
m still gonna wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
there are no new intel cpus out right now the only updates will be small increases in speed.

OP
S

samoan_ridah

From Wikipedia...

1aa2b894359c4ab071194a85d8fd377d.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.