One iPod, two machines?

Reaction score
My wife's anniversary gift (80G iPod) should arrive today.

I want to install some songs and videos on it for her as part of her gift. If I do that through my Mac, will she still be able to access everything and add new files from her PC? (her work provides her with a ThinkPad, nothing I can do to change that)

Can we set up a single iTunes account that is accessible through both machines, too?

TIA ...

C

C9JUKE

from what ive gathered that wont work.. mac formatted ipods will not work on windows but it will work the other way around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Format it on the Windows PC first, that way you can add/remove media from it on both computers.

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Thanks, guys ... I guess I'll have to use her computer to format it. So much for the surprise. :)

M

Mr. Audiophile

and regarding your other question..yes..A single iTunes account can share and authorize music with up to 5 computers I believe. 5 could be wrong, but I know it's definitely more than 1!

Reaction score
Imagine the OP puts some songs on the iPod from his laptop. Then, he sets up the iPod to sync with his wife's laptop, but the songs from the first machine are not on that second machine. Will the sync delete the songs on the iPod from the first machine? Or does sync only delete things that were specifically deleted from the synced library?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.