MAJOR iPod Issue

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I was hopeing someone could help me out with this. I have a 30g Video iPod and have never had a problem with it till today. I docked it like I have 1000 times but this time it just LOCKED up. I've had it freeze up before but the reset always worked. This time NOTHING. I've tried all the resets listed on the Apple website and nothing works. The screen is lit with the 'do not disconnect' on. I'm hopeing the battery will run out and when I try to charge it, it will reset. Has anyone had this problem and can you help me bring it back to life. I'm leaving for a road trip to Boston tomorrow and I'd really like to take it with me.

Thanks Much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
force it into disk mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
center+play/pause. you mite have to reset it before doing that by pressing menu+center

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hi Everyone, I was hopeing someone could help me out with this. I have a 30g Video iPod and have never had a problem with it till today. I docked it like I have 1000 times but this time it just LOCKED up. I've had it freeze up before but the reset always worked. This time NOTHING. I've tried all the resets listed on the Apple website and nothing works. The screen is lit with the 'do not disconnect' on. I'm hopeing the battery will run out and when I try to charge it, it will reset. Has anyone had this problem and can you help me bring it back to life. I'm leaving for a road trip to Boston tomorrow and I'd really like to take it with me.

Thanks Much

You tried a reset? YOU PUSHED AND HELD the MIDDLE button and the MENU button AT THE SAME TIME for 10 seconds? this may take a few trys and it works best if hooked to power.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.