Samsung ml2510 printing problems

Reaction score
Need help,

My intel Imac will not print. I bought a new Samsung ml2510 printer. it will print a test sheet fine. therefore the printer is working. I have installed the mac driver, and a "Samsung smart panel". When I print it says that the printer is "stopped" and that the job would/could be added to the que depending upon if i pick conitnue or add to que. There is an "!" behind the printer.

In short, how do i get this thing to print???????????????????

Reaction score
ML-2510 Printing Problems

I purchased the same printer yesterday and had the same EXACT problem: everything was there, but it would not print.

Solution: Repair Permissions fixed the problem for me. Don't know why, but it worked.

Reaction score
Same problem here with new Intel Core2Duo iMac. Driver on printer's install CD did not work. Downloading newest driver from Samsung's web site did not help. Repairing permissions did not help.

I had seen something somewhere about older drivers for other Samsung printers working. But I'd be grateful for a better solution.

Reaction score
I have a powerbook G4 and am having the same exact problem. Anyone know how to fix this!?

Reaction score
Ml-2510

I found several useful discussion forums on apple.com site. Ultimately, I found a useable driver on Samsung's UK site.

Reaction score
figured out the problem to this

run spl2 installer

then go to system preferences > print and fax

delete the ml-2510 by clicking the minus square

click the add square..

select the ml-2510 again, and make sure that at the bottom of this window, under the "Print Using:" field, you again select the ml-2510.

click add.

print a test page. you will notice the printer works and the smart panel thingie at the top of your window also works

Reaction score
That works!

Thanks so much - this was terribly annoying. Deleting and re-adding the printer and changing the setting as you suggested solves the problem for me. I am using an Intel iMac with OSX.:D :D :D

Reaction score
Need help,

My intel Imac will not print. I bought a new Samsung ml2510 printer. it will print a test sheet fine. therefore the printer is working. I have installed the mac driver, and a "Samsung smart panel". When I print it says that the printer is "stopped" and that the job would/could be added to the que depending upon if i pick conitnue or add to que. There is an "!" behind the printer.

In short, how do i get this thing to print???????????????????

Please can you help

Reaction score
run spl2 installer

click the add square..

select the ml-2510 again, and make sure that at the bottom of this window, under the "Print Using:" field, you again select the ml-2510.

click add.

print a test page. you will notice the printer works and the smart panel thingie at the top of your window also works

Thank you it work ur a STAR

Reaction score
I feel the printing quality with Mac is worse than with PC, although official Samsung drivers are used in both cases. Did you notice that?

Also some PDF files do not print, and I have to force the acroread to print them as image. This automatically leads to very poor quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac9,1 OSX v. 10.5.8; 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
run spl2 installer

click the add square..

click add.

Thank You!!! That worked.

Reaction score
ML-2510 still does not work

Thank You!!! That worked.

I have Ml2510 for a few years and worked fine.
Yesterday I printed out one page doc.
When I tried to print another it has the same problem as mentioned here.
I did remove and add etc. It didn't work. Help

Reaction score
I fixed the problem. If anyone still has same problem, please try:
Go to finder -- mac HD -- Library -- Printer -- Lexmark folder.
Copy it to your own storage area then delete the folder. Down load ML2510 driver.
Uninstall ML2510 then install again. After installation go to system reference
select printer-fax -- click last printer used "make sure ML2510" make sure it is there.
Click [-] to remove then click [+] to add ML2510 back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.