Making A Website

S

Shme3000

Ok, ok, I have read about being able to create your own website using Web Sharing in Sys Prefs... I changed the file 'index' and turned web sharing on, went to the link that was supposedly my website, but it didnt work, it said that 'the server' could not be found... Help would be really apretiated here, and if you know of any Web Development programs which are smaller than 15Mb please post them as well with as link if at all possible, thankyou! :confused:

OP
S

s3pt1k

It sounds to me like either the process isn't starting correctly OR you have File Vault turned on. Turn off File Vault if you do have it and it will work.

OP
C

Chamorro

s3pt1k said:
It sounds to me like either the process isn't starting correctly OR you have File Vault turned on. Turn off File Vault if you do have it and it will work.

That's assuming he/she is using Panther.

Tried typing in the IP address into your browser?

OP
S

Shme3000

No I dont have File Vault turned on, out of interest, is this only for the Intranet, or just for the Internet, or both :(

OP
P

PRinMD

I'm not sure o f previous OS's still new to Mac, but with Panther once you have Apache running, which Apache comes with Panther and have it turned on, you should be able to see your website, or at least that standard one that they have as the index.

An easy web development program, free of charge would be composer, that comes with Mozilla which at the same time is an awsome open source browser http://www.mozilla.org

OP
S

Shme3000

Thanks, that has really helped

The web development program is rather helpful as well thanks...

THANKS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.