Yet ANOTHER Discoloration Question

Reaction score
I dont really know if this is the right place to put this post, so I apologize if it is mis-located.

My MB turned a shade of blue/gray where my right hand rests whilst typing and on the left side of the clicker under the touch mouse thing.

I was wondering if discoloration was considered a factory defect which is replaced/fixed for free, or if it is only covered under extended warranty?

I only ask because I do not have a warranty.

I'd appreciate your help as I am clueless. And I'd greatly appreciate you telling me it is fixed for free. Lol

thanks

matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I dont really know if this is the right place to put this post, so I apologize if it is mis-located.

My MB turned a shade of blue/gray where my right hand rests whilst typing and on the left side of the clicker under the touch mouse thing.

I was wondering if discoloration was considered a factory defect which is replaced/fixed for free, or if it is only covered under extended warranty?

I only ask because I do not have a warranty.

I'd appreciate your help as I am clueless. And I'd greatly appreciate you telling me it is fixed for free. Lol

thanks

matt

I doubt it would be covered but give apple a call and ask. 1800-my-apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" Intel Core Duo, 200GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 2.0Ghz
what color is you macbook? And no I don't think it would be covered for free. There is something at apple.com specifically desiged to cover the area where your hands rest. I'm not sure what exactly it is called, but you can find it if you look around.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have oily skin and even though when I have brought this up people say "wash your hands" there is nothing I can do. I bought one of the covers for the wristwrests because it was getting dirty. There is a little spot it doesn't cover though that is where my wrist is. So it helps some, but not a ton.

I have some ideas for cleaing it, I am going to try one of those spongs you can get to clean walls and see if works. It's suppose to be non-abrasive. It's the only thing I regret about my purchase so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
I suggest you both use neat toothpaste on a small clean rag wiping off with another damp one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
Toothpaste? lol thats a new one to me. I've heard that the Mr.Clean magic eraser is supposed to work well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.