• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Leopard coupon?

M

MacIgnorant

im pretty sure microsoft is (or is about to)give out coupons for vista so if they get their comp for christmas they wolnt be stuck with XP, is apple gonna do that for all the people who are buing macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well apple hasn't given an actual release date yet. If you purchase a computer and it comes out within 30 days you will be able to get a free update. That and Leopard will only cost around $130-$150 which is half of what Vista will cost

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
that price doesnt look to bad and its the full version unlike with vista which has like 10 versions of it and ultimate costs $450!!! MAC OS X FTW

OP
M

MacIgnorant

yeah microft is money hungry i guess, but when your 17 and you just lost all your cash on a laptop, and the rents took care of the rest for the laptop, asking for any amount of money is a little out of the question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah microft is money hungry i guess, but when your 17 and you just lost all your cash on a laptop, and the rents took care of the rest for the laptop, asking for any amount of money is a little out of the question

yeah i know what you mean my rents bought mine for me and i cant go and ask for money to upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Windows Vista - $5

Leopard OSX - $5

Student software purchase program - priceless :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows Vista - $5

Leopard OSX - $5

Student software purchase program - priceless :)
I got my free copy of Vista through the MSDNAA this morning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dang you cant blame me for askin though ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
My school sucks and doesn't even sell any software or computers. I know a bunch of my friends that go to another school, and they have Apple Reps in their bookstore. Now that's service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.