Apple Front Row Video

Reaction score
I have a 500 gig external drive with a bunch of avi files. I installed perian so i can now play all avi videos in quicktime. Is there anyway to now associate the files with Itunes? Once they are there I am pretty sure i can view them in front row. Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
AFAIK it is NOT possible to integrate .avi files in iTunes. However you can create an Alias (Ctrl + Click on the required folder and select Make Alias) of the folder of your external HDD and cut & paste it to the Movies folder. Now you should be able to watch those .avi movie on FrontRow.

OP
C
Reaction score
No go

When I try to add the avi files to the directory it drags right out. Any thing special i have to do to get the avi files to associate with itunes? When I tried to add the files that were mpegs did show up in the video folder so i know thats the hang-up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.