C

chemgoof

Hi, just got a Macbook Pro and really love it. I am still learning a lot though and am having a problem installing a network computer. My roommate has an HP Photosmart printer and is running it on an XP machine. I want to network to it, but when I connect to the printer, my model just comes up as generic. I have installed the software for the mac that came with the printer, but I cannot find my printer in the more printers list. Any ideas? I don't know how drivers work on the mac so I don't know what type of file to look for or if that is how the mac works in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Hp + Mac = PROBLEMS...

i had that same problem but then i fixed it. i just installed it as the printer closest to the model i had and it works goooooood.

OP
C

chemgoof

the only drivers that are photosmarts I see are not working either. Any other help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.