Some boot camp questions from a newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Duo 2.16Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 465.32Gb HDD/80Gb iPod video 5G
Hello all,

Recently got a shiny new imac with 2Gb RAM, 2.16Ghx Intel Core Duo and 500gb HDD.

Thinking about installing Win XP in boot camp primarily to installl a version of Paint Shop Pro for designing DVD covers.

Can someone suggest the optimum settings I should consider for partitioning the HDD? I don't want to give either OS too little space!

If I partition the HDD using Boot Camp, is there a reset option where I can go back to how my Mac was before I muck about with it? Or is it strictly a one-way ticket?

I am VERY new to Macs and am not too sure about instructions like 'oh that's easy, just erase the HDD and boot up from the OS X disc'. I would need an idiot's guide!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you want to design/print CD/DVD covers there are plenty of software available for OS X as well. You don't have to install XP just for that. Check this out, perhaps you might like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can erase your BootCamp partition and it will go back to exactly the way it was before you installed it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.