Screen issue

Reaction score
I have a macbook and I am having a problem with the screen. In one part of the screen I have this scratch from the inside. It almost looks like someone smeared something on the underside of my screen. It started as a "-- o --" pattern and grew to "----- 0 -------" size. It is hard to notice when you have light backgrounds on the screen, but if you play a movie, for example, and when the black hits it, it looks awful. What is wrong with my screen? Can I do anything about? Would the Applecare cover it? Thanks in advance for any responses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Call or take it in to Apple ASAP. If you call them and tell them exactly what the problem is, they will tell you if it's covered or not. I read over the warranty info. but they weren't very clear on display coverage. Call them. That's all I know to tell you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.