Displaying currently playing song on desktop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Are there any programs (or plug-ins for iTunes) that would show what's playing somewhere on the desktop? Something like Samurize for Windows.

I know I could keep iTunes in the "mini-mode" on desktop but I don't want any buttons, sliders, windows what so ever. Just artist's name and song title.

I think I saw something like that in some screenshot or something but can't remember where.

cheers,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
OP
MC Hammer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Yes! Excellent!

Exactly what I was looking for. Muchos Gracias!

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
you could also take a look at widgets. there are a ton that will do what you ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I got iMote last night, and that works very well with iTunes. It also integrates with Growl, so the windows are fairly customisable.

Some time ago, I got Gimmesometunes, which worked in a similar way, included more options for customisation, but was a little buggy. It automatically searched and added album art, which was great, and had a lyrics display feature. Problem is that the lyrics window didn't allow for any scrolling or resizing - so if lyrics don't fit, there's nothing you can do about it. Hopefully future releases will solve this.

Both are good and have advantages and disadvantages over each other, so see which works best for you. Both should also be PPC/Intel, so no worries there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.