BT Voyager 105 and Macbook Pro

M

Magic_monkey

Hi all, Im new here since I've just purchased my first mac!

I have a 15" Macbook Pro 2.33GHz.

On my previous PC I was connected to AOL broadband with a BT Voyager 105. I thought it would be easy to use the usb modem to connect to the internet with my mac. But apparantly not...

I've searched the internet and downloaded/installed all the nessessary AOL software. Im having problems installing and getting the mac to recognise the modem.

I've installed the official drivers but when I plug in the modem via usb, the mac says it isnt connected. So i cannot activate it. Also the DSL light does not come on when i connect the modem (whereas on my pc it did).

Although Im new to macs I quite confident that I have installed the drivers correctly. I will reinstall them again though incase.

Research has informed me that previous macs would recognise the BT Voyager 105 but had some problems, I've tried the tips to fix it but I become stuck when it isnt recognised.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Please dont advise me to purchase a new modem/router as I do not have the funds to do so.

I can provide screenshots if it will help but im not sure if it is allowed on this forum?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core Duo, 15" 2Ghz, 2GB RAM
Sounds intriguing...

Don't suppose the modem has an ethernet connection as well as a USB connection? You may find it more straightforward to connect the modem via ethernet than USB (probably no need for additional drivers...).

Steven

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.