• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD burning dvd's without any sound...

G

grant8la

so, I created a movie in Imovie. and shared it with idvd.

i created some menu's. i got it looking and sounding nice. but i was at the capacity for the disc. so i took some stuff out and got it down within the capacity.

it burned the disc just fine. when i put it in my dvd player. the menu music sounds great, but none of the rest of the video has any audio. when i watch the file in idvd it works great, but somewhere in the burning process it leaves the sound off.

any suggestions?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Where did you get the videos did you shoot them. Are you on an intel machine? Quicktime has to encode the audio from the clips and I havent been able to find a plugin that will convert the audio from the clips on intel. You can reconvert it make sure you have quicktime set up to open in Rosetta. If you click the quicktime icon in apps folder and hit apple and I it will have a chek box to open using rosetta under the general tab. that fixed my issue. Maybe it will work for yours.

OP
G

grant8la

i imported the video/audio straight from my video camera. so the imovie system recognized it all easily. i cut it all together. shared it into idvd...and then created menu's. everything worked just right.

then i burned an actual dvd and the menu's have the audio but the video clips don't.

OP
G

grant8la

oh, and yes, i'm on an intel machine. and i've done this same procedure several times with other projects that were importned directly from the camera and the burned dvd came out just right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
???? Hmm, Not sure. Hopefully someone else may be able to give you some help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.