Recent Switcher: Slideshow Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16GHz / 2GB /100GB + 20GB iPod Photo
Hi,

I'm hoping some of you can help me. I have recently switched from PC where I was using ProShow Producer (not PS GOLD). I am looking for a product with similar functionality for mac. I steadfastly refuse to believe that such a product does not exist. The functions that are most important to me are layers and masks. Obviously, I would also like as much control as possible over pan and zoom effects. Added benefits would be as much control over DVD menu and autoplay output as possible.

I've looked at iPhoto and fotomagico. Neither includes the necessary functions as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. this difficulty aside - I LOVE MY MAC! All the little apps and the OS are simply outstanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iPhoto, iDVD, and iMovie all have slideshow capabilities built into them. I don't think you can pan and zoom in iDVD but you have excellent control over them in iPhoto and iMovie and I am not sure what you are trying to do with layers in mask in the slideshows so I can't help there.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16GHz / 2GB /100GB + 20GB iPod Photo
At its most basic layers combined with masks allow you to pan and zoom without having the edges of your photos move, grow or shrink. Layers on their own can allow for multiple images, at one time, that pan and zoom independetly. A myriad of other things. Imagine CS2 without layers and the degree to which that would affect you. Well its not quite the same but the function allows you to do a lot more with slides.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OK gotcha. I know that iPhoto doesn't have anything for layering or masking. I will take a look at iMovie and see if that can do what you are looking for

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.