Can't Highlight Body AND Header in Mail

Reaction score
I run an internet business and receive emails all day that are pages long. I found the app to be able to highlight & print that selection (defect 1).....

What I Can't do is highlight the From/Subject/Date in an email header AND the body! There's like an invisible barrier that prevents it.
I absolutely HAVE to be able to do this one thing. I cannot function with this defect (defect 2).

Does anyone know of a workaround to cross this magical lead-like barrier between header & body so I can highlight my darned email? I tried Thunderbird. It won't let me do it either and I can't get my hotmails to work on it anyway.

Please help or I have to return this and get a PC. Yes, That's how important this is to me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Found my answer...

Choose View->Message->Plain Text (or just hit apple-option-P) to force plain text.

5 Calls to support failed me. They told me it couldn't be done. Even the upper tiers said so. Unreal.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did you try apple+a?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
weird...
icon9.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I found that in plain text mode you have to select the text in the body first and then the header. When not in plain text mode, select the header information first and then the text in the body.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.