Stuck with Automator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
I've been fiddling with the Automator for a good measure of time but can't seem to figure it out all by myself, so here's the thing:

Is it possible to set up Automator so that it would move only .jpg-files from folder X in to folder Y, and leave everything else intact, upon the moment a *.jpg is dropped in to the said folder?

All this is because I have a folder where all my Safari-downloads go and a folder where I keep all my desktop wallpapers. And since everything saved/downloaded thru Safari goes in to the same folder I have to manually move all the images in to my Wallpapers-folder.

Or is there maybe a way to add the good ol' Save as...-option to the context menu so I could select the target folder myself and maybe even rename the file when I save it.

OP
MC Hammer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Cheers Martin, I'll check that out.

But being the cheap sonuvab.. that I am, I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay for moving some files around my HD, when I can do it for free myself, haha.

:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.