Disk Eject Button Too Sensitive

Reaction score
I thought I read that the disk eject button on the MBP keyboard (just to the right of the F12 key) needs to be held down for a second or two before it spits the CD/DVD out.

Mine does not need 1-2 seconds. An inadvertent brush of the button -- which happens once in a while when I go wide on the F12 key brining up Dashboard -- ejects the disk.

Is there any way to modify the button's sensitivity or time requirement? I check in System Preferences and didn't find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
there is no way to adjust the buttons sensitivity or time requirement.. you cuold try and do the mod yourself but that may void the warranty on the keyboard and who knows what else... sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Is there a way to remap the keyboard or change the eject command so you have to press ctrl+eject or something like that?? Seems sensible to have in the first place to avoid such instances.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.