Running windows via parallels installed in bootcamp partition?

Reaction score
Hi ppl, im a mac newbie,i installed windows via boot camp, someone told me that with the latest version of parallels i could run it from mac, just importing it with parallels, ive been trying to do that and been searching the web but havent find anything. Do you guys know if this is possible?

thanks for your help o_O

Jay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Once you install Parallels, you install Windows using parallels. I have not heard that you can import your existing windows install from the Windows Partition you have using bootcamp.

Once installed though, you should be able to copy over your files from the Bootcamp partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah the latest beta version is supposed to have this feature.
From what I heard you install some special parallel bootcamp tools under windows and then it works... I haven't tried it myself yet though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
In the newest beta version of Parallels, you can run Windows via your BootCamp partition, as well as do some other cool stuff with your Windows apps. Here's some info (via MacObserver):

Parallels released a new beta of its Parallels Desktop for the Mac on Friday that includes support for Apple's BootCamp. Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3036 Beta adds several new features, but the most notable is the ability to select and launch a Windows XP installation from a BootCamp partition, as well as read and write data to and from the partition.​

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks! thats what i wanted! ehhe im gonna read the link u gave me, thanks to all of u :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If this works as advertised, it would be the best of both worlds. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Thanks!

OP
B
Reaction score
for those of you who wants to try it, u need to download the Parallels Tools for Boot Camp and install it on windows.
* Boot from BootCamp partition. Another long awaited feature that lets you boot your 32-bit Windows XP residing on Boot Camp partition directly in Parallels Desktop for Mac.
IMPRORTANT! You need to boot in your Windows XP natively through Boot Camp and install Parallels Tools for Boot Camp package in it before your first boot in Parallels Desktop for Mac.
NOTE! It is not possible to suspend Virtual Machine connected to Boot Camp for integrity reasons.
NOTE! Running Boot Camp in Virtual Machine will need to reactivate your Windows XP installation.

however, becareful cuz ive seen many ppl complaining that once u do that u get an error everytime u try to boot from windows (via bootcamp), in order to fix it u need to edit the boot.ini (windows) and some other stuff once u get windows running on parallels. Someone posted the steps on the parallels forum, u suggest u check it out before trying it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.