Why I can't play N64 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I downloaded sixtyforce and Mupen and when I load the games they play in extremely slow motion. I have a Core 2 Duo iMac with 512MB of RAM and an integrated graphics card.

Do I have to download ROMS from an specific website? I tested the emulators with games like Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Mario Kart.

Can someone please help out? I wanna play some games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Are we allowed to talk about emulators on this site?

The problem is likely to be the integrated GFX card. Although N64 technology is over 10 years old now, emulating such radically different architecture is quite hard and requires a lot of GPU firepower.

OP
J
Reaction score
Do you really think it's because of the integrated graphics card? That's too bad for me. So far I've only been able to play SNES games.

Reaction score
Ok, Mupen will not run well on an intel mac. The last update for Mupen on any system was in 2005, and they do not seem to have ported it to a universal or native app yet.

SixtyForce, should run well on an intel mac though. Starting with SixtyForce 0.8.5, it is a universal application. So, If you are running an older version, then you probably just need to upgrade. If you are using that version of SixtyForce, then we will see what else is wrong. But for now we will just check this.

I hate when people give feedback with no information...

OP
J
Reaction score
That was it!! I was trying with sixtyforce version 0.8.0 I just downloaded version 0.8.5 and it runs perfect. THANK YOU so much paulmalenke for pointing that out.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you could also get an nintendo ds - killer versions of mario64 and mario kart (actually bigger than the n64 versions).
icon14.gif

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the Emulator and macs. I downloaded SixtyForce 0.9.2 and I have no idea where to get the games for it. I am looking for Zelda games. If anyone here knows, it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.