Password problems and lock-ups

I

IrishFrog

I'm running OS X 10.4.8 on my workstation and I'm running into a very annoying problem. I'm a web designer, so I use Dreamweaver daily. My roaming profile recently became corrupt so I had to make a local account on my machine. Now, when I run dreamweaver (and this is the same for Google Notifier) and try to add a new site with my username and password, Dreamweaver locks up. If I make a site without the FTP connections set it works fine. As for Google Notifier, if I connect and save my password, it locks up and doesn't connect. If I don't save the password, it works fine.

I installed 10.4.3 on a Powerbook G4 and ran Dreamweaver with the same settings and the same username and password, and it worked. I've recreated a roaming profile and it still locks up on this machine. I have deleted and reinstalled DW8 (just deleted it from the applications directory) and it still doesn't work. If there is something in the PreferencesPane or Application Support I need to get rid of to make this work, please let me know. The netadmin and I are dumb-founded. Thanks for the input!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.