Battery & Processor Performance.

Reaction score
Hi,

I use iBook G4. Today I was looking at my Energy saver settings and I came across settings for Battery and I keep optimization option as "Better Battery Life" and Processor Performance as "Reduced"

Please let me know what should we keep settings when we are looking for better battery life and good processor performance.

Thanks!

Mohammed.

D

DV'sG4

I keep mine on highest performance at all times. To save my battery life, my screen goes into "sleep" mode and goes black after 3 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.83GHz C2D, 2Gig ram
me too. gotta queeze all the juice out of my C2D... lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
the lowest and dimmest screen settings, but then sometimes you cant see things so clear.

unless your doing intensive tasks on your computerm the battery life should be decent, playng DVD uses a good chunk of power vs writing an email or something.

Reaction score
Shadowkill is good too. Onyx/TinkerTool to turn off everything. Also, kill your Airport when not in use. These things all help. Oh, and max your ram; the less you use the drive the better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.