System Preferences

A

Archangelv22

Well I was wondering, is there any way to further edit your display setting then what you already find under the system preference app. I was hoping to be able to make is to that when I'm watching a video or something similiar the screen didn't dim ever 2 minutes ;_; and I don't know what to change to fix it. Also whenever I put the top down of my macbook the computer goes to sleep, and I'm pretty sure that iChat and any downloads shurt down, and I am unable to find anywhere that I can change it.

Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
When the computer sleeps, all networking connectivity ceases. There is no native setting that will prevent this.
To stop your screen from dimming, go to the Energy Saver panel in your System Preferences and change the timing for screen dimming.

OP
A

Archangelv22

Oh ok, alright, well thanks, ^_^ Is there anything that I can download that can add extra settings that maybe would allow me to keep the network settings going?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.