I hold down OPTION - and screen goes nuts.

B

Bwagon

Hi there. First post - long time lurker.

Im not sure if anyone has had this issue but - i am running bootcamp and winxp SP2 on my macbook.

As far as I can remember after i did a OSX update I can no longer access the options to boot in osx or xp. Since XP is my default boot at this time cuz of work that boots fine if I do not hold the OPTION key down.

I REALLY miss my OSX - and currently have no way of booting it.

When i hold the OPTION key down on start - the screen is the grayish white screen and i hear the chime... then nothing. Slowly these colored lines start filling the screen vertically until the whole screen is filled with these multi-colored stripes.

I have to hold the power button down and re-try for it to boot to windows without using the option key.

If this is a repeated post - please forgive me - i did search the archives.

Any help -would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you can set OS X to be the default boot partition in windows control panel

OP
B

Bwagon

Ok - ill try that - but im a little nervous doing so. Im afriad osx will not boot - and i wont have an option to atleast run xp.

ill let ya know what happens.
thx

OP
B

Bwagon

well i switched the boot sequence like u suggested above and OSX booted! Then i ran the updater and a bunch of updates were available with a firmware in there as well.

so far so good! thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.