Automated Backup

B

bluemuppet

Hi there!

I have recently upgraded to a new 20" Intel iMac, and noticed that the backup software i was using on my G5 (Deja Vu) no longer works.

What i am looking for now is any handy little app, preferably freeware, that will run automated(scheduled) sync backups over a network to my server/RAID setup.

I have searched around (google) and found a few alternatives, but none so far have worked as i need. Either they aren't automated (scheduled), or don't support backup across a network, or don't really do anything at all.

Does anyone have an app they can recommend? I don't mind paying a bit, but i'm not forking out $60+ for an app i can't use... :yinyang:

OP
M

MacHeadCase

SuperDuper! does this. It isn't freeware but it's worth every penny. I read a review months ago about a head-to-head comparison of available backup utilities for Mac OS X and SuperDuper! came out on top, copying over my files and data than any other backup app out there, even CCC (CarbonCopyCloner).

Tried to find the article in question but I cant. Thought it was at Macworld but can't seem to find it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
ChronSync Will do it too. I use it works nice and does incremental backups across my network to my storage drive hooked up to my mini in the other room. Its 30 bucks but well worth it.
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7230

Reaction score
Once a day I use ChronoSyc to back up my Documents folder to a pen drive that I keep with me at all times.

I use SuperDuper! to back up my entire hard disk once a week.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

SuperDuper! does this. It isn't freeware but it's worth every penny. I read a review months ago about a head-to-head comparison of available backup utilities for Mac OS X and SuperDuper! came out on top, copying over my files and data than any other backup app out there, even CCC (CarbonCopyCloner).

Tried to find the article in question but I cant. Thought it was at Macworld but can't seem to find it...

Finally found the review article! Yay! :girl:

Here it is, Mac Backup Software Harmful.

OP
B

bluemuppet

thanks MacHeadCase, fyrman22, and MartinS for your helpful input! :)

I am going to try a combination of those two apps, and see how i go :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.