• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mac is also in best buy now.

Reaction score
yup, what the title says. i seen the imac in 24 and 20 inch.they als ohad the macbook pro, and the macbooks.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bestbuy has sold macs for at least a couple years now.

OP
W
Reaction score
i have been to many best buys, and never seen a mac, or mac accessories.. mabe its only in new york.. sorry

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no problem. i've worked for them for years, and i remember thinking about getting one of the ibooks (i think that was the model), when i bought my first laptop a few years ago. i also see a ton of mac minis on our employee auction all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
I think it was online only for a long time.

Reaction score
I've not seen any at the Best Buy's here in GA.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bestbuy does have a customer focused program (i won't go into too much detail - i'm not sure how much is general knowledge) that lets stores focus product on what a majority of people in a given area may want. so some areas where the techie crowd is huge, i'd guess you'd see a much larger computer area where they'd have the room to display a couple macs.

Reaction score
Demographics I'm sure plays a part and I do live in a very savvy computer area in Metro Atlanta, however I also work for a Apple Authorized reseller so if people in the area are looking for an Apple they would come to us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB Hd
Actually it's part of a pilot program that Apple is trying with Best Buy. It started with 7 stores and has rolled out to 50 stores in October. So only a select few BBY stores actually carry Macs in the store.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2156

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
where i live, the BB has had macs for atleast a year

D

DV'sG4

I've always been a fan of 1-800-MY-APPLE. 90% of the time when I buy from Apple it's over the phone..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody 15" MBP 2.66GHZ 500GB 7200RPM 4GB RAM Nvidia 9600m
i think its depend on the locations.
bb near my house don't have mac products at all

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I actually got a new macbook from bestbuy! I was able to exchange my 3 yr old PC for the new black macbook because of bestbuy's "no lemon policy" in their warranty package. before, they only sold mac's through their website, but now they have them in select stores since Nov. 26 through their pilot program. here's a list of stores that carry macs:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2230

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
I'm not sure what the previous deals were with Best Buy but I know when I started working for them in June of 2005 we had a few Mac Mini's here in MN and then they pulled them. They are now putting them in stores that are Best Buy for Business "Full" models and lab stores. Our store is a "Lite" model and we don't have the macs in, but I hope we get them soon. The rest of our store puts all Mac inquiries to me when I'm there, which is fine. Comical sometimes, but fine.

Howie J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.