Refurbished macbook pro's ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I am currently thinking of buying a refurbished macbook pro from the apple store (Ireland), its a MacBook Pro 15.4" Core Duo 1.83GHz /512MB /80GB for 1349Euro ($1791). it was listed two weeks ago, and then it was gone last week which i thought someone must have bought it. However i checked today and it is back..Does that sound like their is a problem with the laptop and people are sending it back ??

I know apple do QC on refurbished machines and make sure that they are in working order, but it seems funny to me.

Or could it be other macbook pro of the same spec ???????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If there is a problem with the listed MBP Apple wouldn't certainly list it on their refurbished site. I think it is a diferrent MBP with the same specs. Whether I am correct, only Apple can tell :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Thats the base standard specs for 1st gen, so most likely its just another similar laptop. Apple USA's refurb site stocks hundreds of that model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hopefully Apple is the trustworthy and reputable company we all hope it to be and the MBP is just another one and ok. I would say to go for it. If not for the student discount, I would have gone with a refurb.

Hey, it's better than Ebay!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
I debated over whether going refurb, but the new models are inexpensive and much more robust for the cost. I just wish I had cashed in on the student discount (I'm not a University student, but my sister is - she was just too busy to come in and buy it for me and get the discount :()

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Refurbs come and go all the time, in quantity. So Apple simply made up a new batch from returns or what not and have now posted them. When you see the deal you want come up, you have to grab it while it is there. You're not garranteed that it will ever be available again.

I have two refurbs. The first is an older 867MHz dual processor G4 which has given no problems. The latest is a MBP CD which has an intermitent video issue. I'm trying to decide if I should just return it, or have it fixed. I really like this new machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.