way to hide ext partitions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ok. hello everyone!

ive got a few questions to ask you "more enlightened" apple folk :)

ive got a macbook, and i have an external hd hooked to it via firewire. the 200gb ext is in 3 partitions.
-Basic boot(mac journaled, basic OSX only image to boot from)
-Storage(mac journaled)
-Windows Storage(fat32)

anywas, when i turn the drive on, it shows all three partitions on the osx desktop. here is my question. is there any way to make it so when i turn the ext hd on, the basic boot partition is hidden. basically i just really wanna see ONLY the osx storage partition on the desktop. i still want access in finder to the ext windows32 partition, but dont really want it on the desktop either.

?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
AFAIK it is not possible to hide individual HDD partitions easily. If you want to hide the removable partitions, go to Finder Preferences > General (Tab) and uncheck the CDs, DVDs and iPods option. They will still ba accessible through the Finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You could make a simple AppleScript that would eject the unnecessary partitions with the click of a mouse.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
major bummer!

the eject option is really not an option. i still want to have access, just not a link on the desktop pretty much.

man!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.