• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I got a Wii!

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Seriously, could the Wii be any more fun? All I have is the system and what it comes with, but my roommates and I have not been able to stop playing it. Wii sports is freaking awesome. Everyone that has come over, guys and gals, has loved Wii sports and the Mii channel.

I checked the total time on the Wii for yesterday and it was 14 hours. The only time someone wasn't playing it was lunch time. Basically, it's a huge hit here with everyone (I have 5 other roommates). I don't know how to explain this but when we're all in a room playing Bowling or Golf (the only games we can all play at the moment, the other three games are just as awesome though), we just have good conversation and a good time. The Wii is just kind of there, in a good way.

One of my roommates has a PS3 and its not getting much love anymore. Even he is playing Wii Sports with us now, and has rescinded his original views on the Wii. That's not to say resistance was bad or anything, but once we finished it there really isn't much to do with the console after that.

In case anyone is wondering how I got one, its not very exciting. I went to target (no bundles, yay) on the 3rd at roughly 630-ish, waited until a little after 7, got a voucher, left and then came back at 8. There were 21 Wiis and I was number 9. (Actually kind of a bad idea, next week is finals week for me :eek: )

I don't think I'll be able to play bowling or golf on another system ever again. I haven't had enough time with the other games to come to that conclusion about them yet.

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Sorry I sound like a fan boy, but I'm not. I love Dead Rising and Geometry Wars for 360. It's just that the Wii is so fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Well, to me, it osunds like Nintendo did their job. They wanted to bring people together to enjoy something. Your description of what you guys have been doing is exactly that. Sounds cool.

I however, am a hardcore xbox/360 fan, and kind of stopped "liking" Nintendo since the N64 (which I want to get).

I have no interest in the PS3 either... You should take some pics of it or post a small video clip of oyu playing on YouTube or something. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
See the best thing I like about the Wii (of which I have yet to own) they focus on family enjoyment and group games. Not just a solo action type game. Its good to see how people get together, have fun, laugh and enjoy themselves playing a video game.

Just my 2 cents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
i got a wii on launch day as well, and man, is it fun! i hear ya on the group thing. nothing better than getting some people together, having some cold brews and bowling.

the bowling alley just lost some regulars.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i want the wii, i was at my local eb games and they had around 12 of them, i didnt buy one becasue i had no money and payday wasnt till friday(i was ebgames on wednesday), and when i went back, they were all gone, it sucked, now i can't find them anywhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
I don't know if its true or not but i would take the necessary precautions while playing the wii because of the many stories of the wii claiming TVs lives.

REINFORCE YOUR WRIST STRAP! It is very fragile and breaks easy.

WHIP YOUR HANDS OFF IF THEY GET SWEATY! This is what causes it to slip and destroy your TV.

SWING LIGHTLY! Self explanatory..

here is a link to an artical about the wii killing a tv
http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/05/wiimote-attacks-tv-weak-point-for-massive-damage/

I'm not dissing the wii im just saying you gotta be safe. :black:

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
ezhangin, I live in IN also. Can you tell me where in IN that beach is in your avatar? I haven't seen a view like that since I moved out of FL!! ;)

GO BOILERS!!!!

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I hate to disappoint, but I have no idea where that beach is. Sorry man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I really want one!

What exactly is the Mii channel? What games come with the Wii?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
My wife and I are enjoying our Wii. It is a BLAST to play. The Wii sports are awesome. I still love my 360 but the we is good family time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
with the remote in the tv how hard did they have to throw it !

amazing it got in there !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
with the remote in the tv how hard did they have to throw it !

amazing it got in there !

i think they thought they were acctualy bowling.

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I really want one!

What exactly is the Mii channel? What games come with the Wii?

We have suprisingly spent a decent amount of time in the Mii channel. The Mii channel is kind of hard to describe, but I'll try my best. You can make little avatars and make them look like anyone really. You can then play Wii Sports as the Miis you create. You can also tell your little Miis to travel to other Wiis (if they are on your friend list I think). The effect of this is sometimes my friends Miis show up in the background of some of my games. Like sometimes they are bowling in the lane next to me, or they are watching our tennis games.

The Wii came with Wii sports, a remote, and a nun-chuck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.