Mail Problem

S

smcmillian

okay... I am running a ibook 800 with 10.2.8 I have set up my email account. I can send mail to my other bellsouth account, but I cannot send it to any other accout, say yahoo. Hotmail. aol.. I have spent hours on the internet trying to get it to work. I have tried different ports. trashing my preferences. repairing permissions. making a new account and setting up a new one there. I've tried to make it where I use my username and password. it comes back saying that my smtp doesn't accept autorization. but it is funny to me that I can only send to the bellsouth server.. No other servers. I dont' know what to do... this is really confusing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.83GHz C2D, 2Gig ram
it might be your isp. Some isp's require you to use only one SMTP server for outgoing mail. Try setting up your other accounts to use their unique POP incoming mail servers, but set all your accounts to use your bellsouth SMTP server for sending - should clear it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
This is how I have mine setup with bellsouth and can send and recieve fine hope it helps. I had lots of trouble setting mine up in the beginning.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.