Inspiration needed - xmas card design

Reaction score
Hi all,

tis that time of year again, and I need to design our family xmas cards. This year I'm really stumped! I'd like to use our family photos, but don't want them to look cheesy (I'll use them as a marketing tool also with web details etc on the back).

I've attach a pic of last years card. So some suggestions please!!! i need help!!

thanks all!

xmascard.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Last year's one looks great. The photos work well, as do the snowflakes - monotone images don't always work so well though - they're a tough thing to work with.

One of the best things to do is find a design style that you can rework with a christmas theme. For example, bubble and ink splatter styles are fairly common in design these days, so mixing that in with christmas colours and images could be effective.

The problem is that photos can quickly become cheesy, so make sure you're working with the best photos you have at hand - this will make the finished look much more polished. One thing I often do when in need of inspiration in my designs, is go to a newsagents and flick through the design magazines there. They often showcase a wide range of artists, and this can be a great help at times.

Reaction score
While in Vietnam I sent back a card that showed a profile of an M60 machine gun mounted on one of the guard towers with the words: "Peace on Earth." Viewing it was like getting hit in the stomach.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.