• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dell TV's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I'm in the market for a new Plasma / LCD tv and was wondering if anyone on here has any of the Dell's Plasma or LCD tv's?? if so what do you think about it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I'm in the market for a new Plasma / LCD tv and was wondering if anyone on here has any of the Dell's Plasma or LCD tv's?? if so what do you think about it??

I can tell you what I think about dell's computers. they are useless bricks ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
I have a Dell 19" LCD. And all i have to complain about are the buttons on the side, and the remote. Mainly the remote. It totally stopped working after about two weeks. The buttons on the side of the TV to go through the menus can be a little unresponsive somtimes.

It also has trouble connecting through DVI and VGA somtimes.

Easily the best DELL Product on the market. And i would know.

Computers = Horrible
Dell DJ= More Horrible
Wireless Router = Most Horrible

I would give it an Overall score of about an 8. One of the better LCD TVs. And the price isnt too outrageous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Dell's LCD monitors are great, but strangely their TV's aren't very good. I suppose that makes sense since they are computer makers.

From what I've read, Panisonic has the best 42" and 50" plasmas for the money, but because they are professional models and, in that, pretty basic, you have to spend a little extra to add conections you need and a stand if you need it. It's still the best deal and you can just add the connections you need.

Check out CNET's reviews. Right now I'm trying to decide between spending money on a Panasonic 42" plasma tv or a Dell 30" monitor.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've had a couple dell desktops.

they've been tanks in my opinion - just to even out the odd anti-dell sentiment here.

i know for a fact that the oldest one (purchased in 1997 - an xps d300 PII) is still working like a champ. a friend has it now.

as for the TVs, sorry - no experience myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.