iTunes Transfer to Nano Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
I just dragged a newly purchased album from my iTunes library to the Nano. The song sequence in the Nano differs from the album sequence. What can I do to ensure the correct song sequence within the album on the Nano? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
did you check to make sure the songs on iTunes are numbered correctly and that the Album title is identical for all the songs?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
The songs downloaded in the correct order to iTunes. I highlighted the songs in my Library and then dragged them into my Nano playlist. When I loaded them into the Nano they don't go in the original song sequence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Okay, so I just tested this (granted with an iPod Video, but it should be the same with a Nano; maybe I'll test it with my wife's Nano) and the order is preserved if:

You create a playlist in iTunes. Select the songs you want for that playlist and drag them to that playlist from your library. Order them in the way (within the playlist) you want them. Drag the whole playlist to the Nano while it's connected.

I just tried this both on an iPod video that syncs everything automatically when it's connected, and a Mini that I have set for manual sync. In both cases the songs show up within the playlist on the iPod in the order I put them in with iTunes.

(Disclaimer: I usually tell my iPod to shuffle songs to it's whim, and rarely play albums in the order they are supposed to be unless I'm listening to a Pink Floyd or U2 album.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.