powerbook burning error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
I bought this powerbook off ebay, its a pretty good labtop all around. I know the person I bought it from changed it from combo to superdrive. It does burn dvd but only sometimes form idvd or toast 6. When it does burn the dvd I can only watch it on my labtop or on a 5 dvd changer dvd player, it won't work on my ps2. I am useing dvd-r. The toast error massage is "interface Error: -16434 The connection is not stable." I think its saying the dvd drive needs to be pluged in more. Please help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
It sounds like either they used a 3rd party superdrive or the didn't connect the drive correctly. If the cable is loose then a little vibration form the drive or a fan could cause a bad connection. I would check in the System Profilier under disk burning to see if the drive was Apple Shipped/ Supported or if it says 3rd party driver or unsupported. if its 3rd party you can get the model of the superdrive and do a google search and see if there is anyone who had luck with your model. I think there is a 3rd party software called patchburn that adds support for 3rd party drives.

OP
CAMERA MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
Ok we I opened it up, the only thing I am missing was the hex screwdriver I'm going to try to pick one up today but I can see the drive, it says apple on it looks like the origonal that I seen in a pic. I will try to push the plug in more. If anyone know more about this please keep posting. Thanks

OP
CAMERA MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I took it a part took the superdrive all the way and put it back in and the error message is still their, when I took it out their was this tape wire that was bent alittle, do you think it could be the problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.