• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What kind of cell phone do you have and which carrier?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i have some random audiovox as well, and im with bell(canada). cheap cheap cheap

can't get cingular, or t-mobile here

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 intel duo, 1gig ram
nokia brick phone, the cingular go phone unlocked so i can use my cingular sim card. I lose phones so often i just buy the $30 ones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Nokia 6255i with Alltel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Razr V3c with Telus.. Going to the MotoQ in March when my "upgrade" is due.

Reaction score
Motorola something-or-other (read: el cheapo) with T-Mobile.

May get the iPhone, may not. Never really fancied having any more functionality than just a phone.

Reaction score
10440_MotImage.jpg

Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
virgin mobile (and surprise, i'm in my mid-30s).

phone is some generic audiovox camera clamshell.

grand total: 20 bucks... every three months!

The no-contract services like Virgin Mobile are excellent deals for people who don't talk much. And with no contract, you can toss the phone in the recycler if it (or the service) disappoints you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Moto SLVR w/ Cingular. It has iTunes with the 100 song limit, but there's ways around that ;)

Now that Indianapolis has 3G, I'm going to get a Samsung A707 or LG cu500 and tether it to my MBP for 500+kbps wireless internet anywhere I need it!! :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
plus, whatever you don't use carries over as time goes by. i've got about 80 bucks saved up on my virgin account right now (had the service through three different phones for at least a couple years now).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Speaking of Mp3 phones, can you connect any Mp3 phone to iTunes and transfer songs or does it take more work than that?

Too bad Moto doesn't have a 3G phone yet, I could just flash the iTunes onto it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
-cough-

sidekick 3 w/ [the only carrier that has it. and i do enjoy its services and voice quality(whereas cingular has horrible voice quality)(at least where i live)] t-mobile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sidekick 3 w/ [the only carrier that has it. and i do enjoy its services and voice quality(whereas cingular has horrible voice quality)(at least where i live)] t-mobile

The down side to cell phones. Where I live I know people with all different services. I have Cingular which is the best, Verizon is ok, and when my best friend who has T-Mobile calls, I don't eve nanswer because the call is barely audible and gets dropped in about 10 seconds. We mostly text instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Cingular 8125, with cingular as carrier. Just got the phone and can't say enough great things about it. Syncing was easy with missing sync; I never thought syncing windows mobile 5 with my mac would work as well as it does. THanks Markspace!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The down side to cell phones. Where I live I know people with all different services. I have Cingular which is the best, Verizon is ok, and when my best friend who has T-Mobile calls, I don't eve nanswer because the call is barely audible and gets dropped in about 10 seconds. We mostly text instead.

Your actual mileage varies depending on your location, equipment, where you make your calls, etc.

Where I live and make most of my calls, Cingular is awful. Verizon and US Cellular have much better coverage, at least in the areas where I go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
motorola razr

verizon

love the service, hate the phone... I need to get a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
sanyo 8300. sprint

waiting for the iphone :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Panasonic VS6
Orange (UK)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.