Links to websites in iWeb

Reaction score
I have a site that I built with iWeb (www.yucaipaswim.org). I have some links to other websites on this site. I would like to be able to get those links to open in new windows, is that possible. I don't like the idea of the person leaving the site all together to go to the external site. Let me know if this is possible. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need to edit the source

<a href="URL" target="_blank">Link Description</a>

the target="_blank" opens it in a new window

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
There is no way to do that in iWeb right now, all you can do is edit the created HTML files as trpnmonkey41 said. It's been said that iWeb 2.0 will allow you to do that and other changes to links, but nothing is certain yet.

OP
G
Reaction score
You need to edit the source

<a href="URL" target="_blank">Link Description</a>

the target="_blank" opens it in a new window

How would I go about doing that with iweb. I have never edited the HTML code. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
How would I go about doing that with iweb. I have never edited the HTML code. Thanks for any help.

There is no way to do that in iWeb right now, all you can do is edit the created HTML files as trpnmonkey41 said. It's been said that iWeb 2.0 will allow you to do that and other changes to links, but nothing is certain yet.

What he/she said. There are plenty of free html editors on versiontracker.com and it should be pretty easy to find the code to edit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.