.MAC Storage - Alternative Solution?

tks

Reaction score
I am looking for an alternative to utilizing the .mac system for file backup and storage. I have a domain, and web hosting with a significant amount of bandwidth and storage. There must be some sort of open-source web app that allows me to use my web hosting as a hub for sharing files.

It doesn't even need to support all of the syncing features that .mac provides. Just something with a web interface that will allow me to access my files. Not as bare bones as a plain FTP server, but not quite as feature rich as .mac.

If anyone knows of such a product, open-source or not. Please let me know!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Couple of alternatives are listed here.

OP
T

tks

Reaction score
Thanks a lot novicew.

FolderShare seems to be pretty close to what I am looking for. I've got it up and running and I've been playing with it for a few minutes. I'm quite surprised at how easy it was to set up, and how well it runs so far. Considering its a Microsoft application.

If anyone is looking for something along the same lines as I am, check it out!

http://www.foldershare.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
box.net is pretty good and it is free. I have used it quite successfully.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.