what games are working on your macbook

Reaction score
I have a Macbook and have installed bootcamp to play Age of Empires 3 (Windows version). The thing is I have to put all the graphics settings to Low and still it freezes/jitters when I play it (in battles).

I have read that people have been playing this game in the Mac OS smoothly. So I'm wondering if bootcamp isn't able to use all the graphics in Windows like the Mac OS can?

My specs: Macbook, 2GHz, 1GB, 80GB.

I have only partitioned 10GB to Windows/Bootcamp, so could this be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
It could just be driver issues in bootcamp mode, it should run just fine theoretically.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
but it should still require a dedicated graphics card no matter what os you're running on, right?

i can't imagine such a graphically and statistically detailed game would run smoothly. a pro, or an imac, sure, just not a macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I wonder if Myst Uru Online is going to be able to run on the Macbook? Doubtful, but one can hope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Would Mac games from before mac went to intel work on an intel based macbook? Such as c&c. Also what about older pc games, would they work under bootcamp? I am Sooooooo confused over this whole intel based mac thing and games make my confusion even worse.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
some ppc games should work on intel macs using rosetta. although results seem varied. games listed as "classic" will most likely not work.

windows games might work if they are compatable with the version of windows that you're running (ex: roller coaster tycoon 1 won't run on windows versions past win98).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz 1.5 GB RAM
I have run World of Warcraft succesfully at all graphic options maxed out. I tried out Doom3 before I upgraded my ram (512MB -> 1.5GB). Doom ran just so-so.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
looks like you've got a pro though (so you should have no problems running lots of stuff). macbooks are a tougher nut to crack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz 1.5 GB RAM
Ah you are correct, this is a MB thread.. lol.
A friend of mine owns a MB and he plays WoW with out a single issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.