Scanning Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
I frequent Limewire for various items all the time. My question is if there is a program out there that will protect me from viruses transferred over P2P programs?

Or simply just a program/plugin that I can use to scan individual files or folders?

On my PC, I run Avast! which works amazingly.

B

bluemuppet

there is a program called ClamXV for mac (try google or version tracker) that might work for you. It's not bad, and beats paying for Norton products...

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
Well I've heard a crapload of negative comments about using Norton on Macs. I don't even use Norton on PC. In my experience Norton isn't that great of a program. There are far better antivirus programs out there that are Free. I used Avast! on my PC with multiple layers of spyware protection. I've been free of any kind of malware for quite some time.

Thanks for the suggestion of ClamXav. I'm going to give this a try since I frequent LimeWire and Acquisition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.83GHz C2D, 2Gig ram
Is catching a virus over Limewire even a concern? Have to think most viruses on P2P target PC's, no?

B

bluemuppet

Is catching a virus over Limewire even a concern? Have to think most viruses on P2P target PC's, no?

for now, but there are rumours of a few circulating that will effect the new Intel models, and if the market continues to turn more and more attention will be paid to the Apple range, if you follow my meaning.

Can't hirt to be prepared for the storm:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.