Safari question

D

DV'sG4

1-2x a day when I go into Safari and start browsing the internet,Safari suddenly stops..I go to click onto a link or something and the loading ball only spins for like a half second and the page will NOT load at all. Why is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Most of the websites are not made for browsers other than Internet Explorer. It can be that you are visiting such a website and Safari is having difficulty in loading it.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

It could also be because your cache folder is full to the gills. Just empty the cache by going to the menubar ---> Safari ---> Empty Cache when you start seeing the spinning coloured pizza icon too many times..

To speed Safari up, I have also set my favicon folder as Read Only so the folder doesn't contain bijillions of favicons before I remember to clean it up.

Simple procedure: go to Macintosh HD ---> Users ---> your account ---> Library ---> Safari

Spot the Icons folder, click on it once and do Apple + I (or Command + I or Get Info in Finder's menubar and then File, Get Info in the drop-down menu).

In the Info window that appears, you will see the Ownership & Permissions section. First item is: You can with a drop-down menu. Select Read only from it.

This will prevent the folder from storing megabytes of favicons. You will need to manually empty the Icons folder after this procedure but, good news, it will be the last time you ever need to do this! :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
You could try repairing your permissions on your HDD through disk utility.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

It depends: if DV'sG4 is running Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger, problems with messed up permissions have been pretty much fixed. But if he is running Mac OS X 10.3.x Panther, then yes, disk permissions should be repaired regularly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.