Scuffed up MBP. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Alright guys, so here is the problem, its very small but it to this day is driving me crazy. In one of my class the girl next to me folded her desk up and didn't hold it until it was all the way back and it smacked into the side of my computer. There is a nice little paint ding that seems to be pretty deep. Is there any touch up paint anyone could suggest or anything else? It is just a small ding on the left hand side of the top flip.

D

DV'sG4

I've only ever heard of cleaners that fill in the scratches of iPod's and Macs made with the infamous shiny scratch prone plastic!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Alright guys, so here is the problem, its very small but it to this day is driving me crazy. In one of my class the girl next to me folded her desk up and didn't hold it until it was all the way back and it smacked into the side of my computer. There is a nice little paint ding that seems to be pretty deep. Is there any touch up paint anyone could suggest or anything else? It is just a small ding on the left hand side of the top flip.

Take your computer to a local hardware store and see if they can match up the pait and see if you can dab a bit on it.. you could also try a car dealership and get some white touch-up paint from them..

good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i'd put a small dab of plastic cement (glue used for plastic models) - to cover up the dinggy - that prevents the ding from spreading and chipping the paint around it (let it dry). and then put a small dab of paint.. i dunno if you'll need to dab some glue if you use auto motive paint etc. be sure to make sure that the paint and the glue are compatible!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.