Video Editing

M

macbook777

Hello All,

I am planning to buy Macbook 13 inch one for the sole purpose of

Working on my Pictures
Transfer my Mini DV tapes to mac, editing and making home DVDs

Please help, if anyone has used this features and Macbook is doing it at a better rate.

My Acer Laptop (although it has 128 MB Shared Video Ram) gets kinda stuck and is too slow + I have to buy all sorts of different software but Macbook comes with ILife which should have everything built in it.

Any help should be great to help me make a correct descision.

Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
Hello All,

I am planning to buy Macbook 13 inch one for the sole purpose of

Working on my Pictures
Transfer my Mini DV tapes to mac, editing and making home DVDs

Please help, if anyone has used this features and Macbook is doing it at a better rate.

My Acer Laptop (although it has 128 MB Shared Video Ram) gets kinda stuck and is too slow + I have to buy all sorts of different software but Macbook comes with ILife which should have everything built in it.

Any help should be great to help me make a correct descision.

Thanks in Advance

iMovie is great, and so is Garageband, however I found a few things that I didn't like about iPhoto. you always have a 2 weeks trial period. The Macbook only comes with a 64 MB graphics card. The Macbook Pro comes with either a 128 or 256 MB Graphics Card. Hope this helped. I would definitely recommend trying it for 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
ive used my macbook to do some video editing through imovie. i have a similiar set up as you, using a miniDV camcorder hooked into the macbook via firewire, transfered it in, and did the editing. ive done both videos using 512 mb of ram and 1.25, and if you are going to be doing alot of editing, i would recommend upgrading your ram, but overall, the macbook has been great for this feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I've had a bit o touble with iMovie, shutting down, freezing and sometimes not recognizing when my camera is plugged in. I love my mac but it is not perfect. I have 1 gig in the thing and plan on maxing it soon. My overall experience with iMovie is it works and thats better than not working but I have had problems. This is not a slight. I love this machine but it is not uncrashable and it does have problems from time to time. This is only my experience and I am by no means a professional mac user. I am a multitasker and I have only a gig. My solution is bump the RAM and do one thing or another when editing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i use my macbook to edit digital film using all of final cut studio and it works great not problims at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
macbook777,

Personally, I think the macbook is perfect for your needs. I primarily use mine as a development machine, but I also use iMovie extensively, and it works flawlessly. I also know a guy who uses Final Cut Express on his Macbook, and he claims to have no problems.

Here are a couple of things that I recommend if you choose to go with the macbook:

1. Max out your RAM (2GB)
2. Increase your hard drive capacity for video editing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.