• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

This is not an iMac killer. Opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/30/hp-iq770-crossfire-19-inch-touchscreen-media-pc-revealed/

hp_crossfire3.jpg

I don't know why Engadget called it an iMac killer. I think the only thing that could kill the iMac is another OSX machine. I do like some of the innovation put into it, the UI look and doesn't look too bad. It almost looks as if it's meant to fold away, which would be very cool as a space-saver. Too bad those droves of Apple fanboys get on there and make other Apple users look really bad.

Anyway, there it is. Do your worst!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
The UI doesn't look to bad but i'm going to bet it will be riddled with bugs. I highly doubt it will be an iMac killer, its running Vista for cryin out loud :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Imac 1GB ram Superdrive
I bought my iMac for the OS, build quality and simplistic design. Something PC's don't really come close to. Some Sony PC's come close.

Reaction score
I don't believe this can be an iMac killer... no way.
It doesn't look that bad but the iMac looks much more elegant.
Honestly, the only thing that appeals me in that machine is the touch screen/stylus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Look at it this way, has the Zune even come close to touching the iPod?

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

How is that relevent tothe topic at hand??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

I think the Zune is flawed in many ways, but to be fair it's just been launched and the iPOD has been going strong for 5 years. If Zune even takes 20% of the market in the next 2 years, MS will consider this a success.

As for the original post, that contraption is ugly as the back of a bus... but some people will like it.:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I guess that was a little off-base, but my reasoning was this: Media folks were talking up the Zune and saying it might be an iPod killer. Hardly so.

People buy the computer just as much for the software as for the hardware. Both the monstrosity above and the iMac have *similar* hardware, but one has a B-A OS and the other has a not-so-good knockoff of the B-A OS. I was attempting (failing) at drawing a parallel between the two.

It's hard to explain my thought process in not so many words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
It looks good and I really like the Idea, however I buy my Mac for the whol "shabang" not just the nice design.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.