iPod Videos

Reaction score
Does anyone know of software that will convert DVDs to iPod video? I'd like to rip some DVDs I own onto my Ipod to watch on a plane ride...

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I haven't tried it myself, but I hear MacTheRipper is a good one.

Try it and post on how it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I haven't tried it myself, but I hear MacTheRipper is a good one.

Try it and post on how it works.

Mac the ripper is only good for duplicating dvds it will not help you put them on your ipod as it rips the dvd in a VOB format which is not playable by anything other then a dvd player.

try handbrake I hear its one of the best. you can find it at www.versiontracker.com

here is a good read on ipod video ripping/conversion

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123067

Handbrake is the way to go here, It is easy, it is free, and it works well. The quality is of very good quality or if you have alot of space you can rip it in full quality. There is even settings and options for use with your ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Oh. I figured it would just rip them into whatever format you wanted. Oops, :(. I tried...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I just used Hanbrake for the first time. I didn't think it would rip the menu, but I was disappointed it didn't copy it in the chapters and just made it one long video. Is there any way to preserve the chapters?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
*** are as i know there is no way to preserve chapters, mainly because I don't think there is a way to play them that way in that format. I use hadbreak, and I'm happy with it. I have sever Movies on my iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.