Non working xD card...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I have a xD card H 1GB that i have been using for a few months without any problem. However, tonight i tried to use load it in my camera and the camera said there was an error with the card and requested to format it, i did it but nothing happens, it still says there is an error with the card. I tried connecting it to my iBook via a USB card reader but it won't recognize it at all (it doesn't show up in Finder/Desktop). What can i do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I doubt this is possible but its worth a shot.. try a different xd camera and a different xd card reader. there is a small chance its not the card but the camera and the card reader..

have you tried to wipe off/clean the card? that might be an option just be sure to be gental with it and not to use any chemicals on it like alcohol etc.

what brand is the xd card?

OP
mraya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
The camera and the reader are working fine, i used them with another card and there is no problem with them. I also checked the card for grease or something, but the contacts are clean.
The card is supossed to be Olympus, but it's made by Samsung.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
The camera and the reader are working fine, i used them with another card and there is no problem with them. I also checked the card for grease or something, but the contacts are clean.
The card is supossed to be Olympus, but it's made by Samsung.

that could be your problem right there. many companys make the xd card. samsung, fujifilm, olympus etc.

My personal optinion is that you should never buy anything but the olympus brand. I have had xd cards made by fujifilm and samsung and both have stoped working on me.. my olympus cards are going strong.. Most of the time you will notice the samsung and fujifilm xd cards are cheaper.

you might be stuck junking it sorry to say.

OP
mraya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Thanks for the advice. This is supossedly an Olympus card, at least that what it says in the front, however, on the back, with very little print it says made by Samsung.
Anyway, i tried to open the card in my PC and it reports and error with the "ioctl" when i try to format it using the command line... i'm not sure if that can help somehow, i will keep trying formating it tonight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.