MS Office X crashing on start up

T

TheCross

Hello, I am having a problem with Office X 10.0.0 on OSX 10.3.9. Everytime I launch word it shuts down as soon as the document is open. I have read about fonts causing problems like this, but making sure all of the default fonts are present dones not work. I have removed and reinstalled Office, and tried the 10.1.8 update, with no success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.TC

Log attached.

View attachment log.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
It can very much be due to a Font problem. Try removing all the font cache (Onyx is a good tool) and also delete the ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Word.plist file. If you have created more than one user, try to login to a different user account and see whether the problem still persist.

OP
T

TheCross

Thanks for the help! Will try it later next time I see my friend and his computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
onyx is a very good tool. i use it very often and sorts any problems that i have. although im afraid i cant help you with the office crashing problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
im having the same troubles.

i dont get any error message with word trying to open. it just gets to the "ask for template" window, i hit ok, and it closes, W goes byebye in dock.

powerpoint does the same thing, only i get

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.