Reinstalling Printer Drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12 in PowerBook 1.5ghz
Hello,

I have a 12 in. Powerbook G4, and I deleted all of the extra printer drivers a few months ago to save HD space. Now I need them all back. I still have the oringinal OSX 10.4.2 installation disks. Can this easily be done through a "custom install" of some type? And is it absolutely mandatory to back up all of my data for a simple reinstall?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Hello,

I have a 12 in. Powerbook G4, and I deleted all of the extra printer drivers a few months ago to save HD space. Now I need them all back. I still have the oringinal OSX 10.4.2 installation disks. Can this easily be done through a "custom install" of some type? And is it absolutely mandatory to back up all of my data for a simple reinstall?

Thanks

hmm i dont think that you would need to reinstall if you find some one who can send you the drivers form their g4 but if you cant i would back my data up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Find a program called "Pacifist" for Mac and use it to pull only the printer drivers off of the install disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.