Sales

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been dealt with before. I'm about to buy my first mac. A Macbook.

My wife and I agreed we'd wait until after Christmas for all the sales before getting our new computers, but do macs go on sale? I mean, historically are the prices consistent or is there a chance the price might drop for boxing day?

I haven't used an Apple since my Apple ][+ (or something) in 1986. I hear they've changed a bit since then :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
nope there is a rare sale sometimes but there most likely wont be one after christmas. the most recent sale was for black friday macbooks were $100 off. dont think we will be seeing that any time soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
No, they typically don't. Apple had an After Thanksgiving sale this year which they were giving $101 off MacBooks and iMacs as well as discounts on other items. What you may want to consider is picking up a Refurb which will have a nice price difference for you. Check the Apple Online Store. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you're not doing anything too intense, you can get a new Core Duo from Apple for a lot less money than a new C@D; also many people note that the speed difference is only around 10% anyway.

Another option is to find a friends/relative who is a student with no intention of buying a Mac and have them get it for you at the student discount of $200 off. Hope it's not against forum rules to say that and I apoligize if it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.