Imac g4 1ghz hard hrive noise

O

ofsomeone

I am new to imacs and have recently purchased an iMac G4 (reconditioned) and I am concerned about a few things. First is it normal for the the hard drive give a "grinding", "chirping" noise when doing small tasks such as opening applications and surfing the web? Secondly, should the FP screen look yellow at angles outside the viewing field? It's a used model hence my concern.

OP
O

ofsomeone

ofsomeone said:
I am new to imacs and have recently purchased an iMac G4 (reconditioned) and I am concerned about a few things. First is it normal for the the hard drive give a "grinding", "chirping" noise when doing small tasks such as opening applications and surfing the web? Secondly, should the FP screen look yellow at angles outside the viewing field? It's a used model hence my concern.

Apparently no one here can tell me if those "grinding" noises coming from my hard drive are normal? Please put my mind to ease!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.